Answered By: Reference Librarian Last Updated: 2014.Aug.14 Views: 455
Answered By: Reference Librarian
Last Updated: 2014.Aug.14 Views: 455
- Deactivating a tool does not delete any items or user data inside the tool, it simply hides the tool in a course offering. Turning the tool back on, restores the data.
- Before disabling a tool, be aware of the following:
- Release Conditions based on the tool are not enforced as long as the tool remains disabled.
- Competency activities associated with the tool are hidden, but are still associated with any learning objectives to which they are attached. Users cannot complete these learning objectives while the tool is disabled. Instructors should detach or delete any activities associated with a tool before disabling the tool.
- Grade items associated with the tool remain but instructors must manually update them in the grade book.
- Quicklinks to the tool’s items persist but a “No Resource Found” message is displayed when they are followed. Instructors should remove any related Quicklinks when a tool is deactivated. Instructors may not be able to delete others’ Quicklinks.
Access the Tools page
- Click the Edit Course link on your course navbar and then click Tools.
Note To use a tool, you must also add it to your course navigation bar or homepage depending on the tool.
Activate or deactivate a tool
- On the Tools page, select the tools to turn on (activate) or turn off (deactivate).
- Click the on the Set state button to Active or Set state to Inactive icon at the top or bottom of the list.
Restore a tool’s default state
- On the Tools page, select the tool and click the Reset state to Default icon at the top or bottom of the list.