Answered By: Aaron Dobbs
Last Updated: 2014.Aug.14     Views: 52

For coursepacks, you actually have a couple options:

  • You could place your readings in the library's Online Course Reserves system (Ares), or
  • You could build a coursepack to hand out in class (which will require more work on your part)

Building a course pack usually means securing copyright from the Copyright Clearance Center,  (or the copyright holder, if that can be determined). Another source that will clear permissions for you is XanEdu.

Using a vendor will add to the cost for your students. See this exhaustive guide from Stanford for more info. Even if a work is out of print, you still need permission to use it unless it is in the public domain (e.g., published before 1923).

Related Topics

Contact Us

Ask Us Anything

Phone | Text | Email
Research Consultations
Common Questions: Answered