Answered By: Aaron Dobbs
Last Updated: 2014.Aug.14     Views: 28

Generally speaking, you need to obtain permission before reproducing copyrighted materials for an academic coursepack. It's the instructor's obligation to obtain clearance for materials used in class. Instructors typically delegate this task to the university bookstore or copy shops.

One library-based option is to use "Ares" - the library's electronic reserves system. See the Ares link below for more information.

Another option is to find the articles you want your students to read in a library database and directly link from your course website to the Permalink" for those articles in the databases. Permalinking into the library databases is the least expensive option for you and for your students.

Contact the Reference Librarian for assitance in finding your assigned journal articles or ebooks. Alternatively you can also search the Journal Titles List for the journal and browse to the article.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Ask Us Anything

Phone | Text | Email
Research Consultations
Common Questions: Answered