Answered By: Reference Librarian
Last Updated: 2018.Aug.06     Views: 28

You would have to meet one of the federal guidelines for being independent. The questions determining dependency are found on the FAFSA. Unless you meet one of those criteria, you are considered dependent by the federal government. If you have unusual circumstances that you would like to discuss, make an appointment to see the Federal Verification Officer in the Financial Aid Office.

Source:  Financial Aid Office.  Contact: 717-477-1131,

Related Topics

Contact Us

Ask Us Anything

Phone | Text | Email
Research Consultations
Common Questions: Answered