Answered By: Reference Librarian
Last Updated: 2018.Aug.08     Views: 26

  • If you wish to deduct any scholarships or third party financial aid that is not currently showing on the online bill, you must print out the online bill, make a notation of the aid being deducted, and mail the bill with remaining amount due to the Student Accounts Office.  You may still pay the net amount online if you prefer; however, you must mail in the bill to show the deductions you made to the payment amount.
  • Students who are sponsored by a third party employer, government, military or outside organization, for all or a portion of tuition and fees, can have the third party billed directly by submitting sponsor-required paperwork or a letter from the sponsor to the Student Accounts office.  The letter must state the specific charges the sponsor will pay and the name and address where the bill should be sent.  The student must pay any remaining portion of the bill by the original due date stated on the bill.
  • Students who receive direct employer reimbursement who wish to defer payment of tuition must complete an EMPLOYER REIMBURSEMENT TUITION DEFERMENT APPLICATION form.  This form is located at Tuition only can be deferred and all fees must be paid.  The $100 late fee will apply to students who do not pay the fees or who mail the completed form to the Student Accounts Office AFTER the bill due date.
  • Graduate students who have been approved for Grad Assistantships may deduct the amount of tuition from their online bill before submitting payment.  Grad assistantships do not cover fees.
  • If you will be using a college savings plan to pay all or a part of your online bill, a copy of the online bill must be returned to the Student Accounts Office with paperwork showing the amount to be received from the plan.  You may take a deduction for the approved amount you will receive and pay any difference due.
  • Please note that students are ultimately responsible for full payment of their tuition and fees should any third party sponsors, donors or employer fail to remit payment on their behalf.

Source: Student Accounts. Contact: 717-477-1211,

If expected financial aid is not showing on your bill, you should first access your Student Financial Aid portal to see why your application may be incomplete. Go to and follow the instructions. If you have remaining questions regarding your financial aid after you have checked your portal, they should be directed to the Financial Aid Office at 717-477-1131 or  Once you have verified that you have financial aid, you should print out the online bill, write your eligible aid on the bill, deduct it from the amount due and mail the adjusted bill to the Student Accounts Office.  You may still pay the net amount online if you prefer; however, you must mail in the bill to show the deductions you made to the payment amount. If you are expecting a parent PLUS loan, private Alternative loan or private scholarship that is not showing on your online bill or under Awards on the Financial Aid student portal, you may deduct those amounts from the payment made on the online bill; however, you must submit documentation of your loan approval or scholarship with a copy of your online bill to the Student Accounts Office. All students who have anticipated Federal Stafford Loans or Federal Perkins Loans on their online bills will NOT receive those loans until both the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and an entrance interview are done.  If the required documents are not completed, the loans will be removed as pending aid on your account and any remaining amounts will need to be paid by the student. If you have completed a Federal Stafford and/or Federal PLUS Loan MPN and wish to reduce or cancel the loan amount, you must notify the Financial Aid Office in writing. Students with less than 6 credits are NOT ELIGIBLE for Federal Stafford or Federal PLUS loans.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Ask Us Anything

Phone | Text | Email
Research Consultations
Common Questions: Answered