Answered By: Aaron Dobbs
Last Updated: 2017.Mar.28     Views: 26

All campus employment is handled through the Ship Career Connections website -- click on the "Student Employment" bar and then on "SHIP Career Connections."

"All on campus student employment and federal work study positions are posted through SHIP Career Connection. Departments and offices post the positions as needed, usually around the start of the semester, and these postings are approved by the CCEC. Be sure to pay close attention to the application requirements, as some departments require documents beyond the application.

"Positions that are open to just federal work study will say “federal work study” in the job title, while jobs open to all students will include “on-campus student employer or federal work study” in the title. Only those students who have received federal work study as a part of their financial aid package will be qualified for these positions.

"To determine if you have received federal work study funds, log in to your myship portal, click on "student," then "paying for college," then "financial aid award," and then select the current academic year (i.e. 2016-2017). To see your award for the current academic year, click on the tab labeled "award offered." There you should see what funds you have available. If you have questions about your aid package, please contact the financial aid office.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Ask Us Anything

Phone | Text | Email
Research Consultations
Common Questions: Answered